Publix is well-known for their great coupon policy, but it does vary by store/manager. If in doubt, call your store before shopping to verify details. In the list below, the ones that can vary have a (**) beside them. Those are the ones you need to check with your store. The policies below are for my area (metro-Atlanta).
- Publix doubles manufacturer’s coupons up to and including $0.50 everyday.
- Publix accepts one manufacturer and one store coupon per item. If you have more coupons than items, the cashier will have to do an override (no big deal).
- Publix does accept competitor’s coupons. A competitor’s coupon counts as a store coupon and can only be stacked with a manufacturer’s in most cases. Call your store to see who they consider a competitor and if they will allow a manufacturer’s, competitor’s and a store coupon stacked**.
- Competitor and store coupons do not double.
- There is no limit to the number of like/same coupons that you can double.
- Publix accepts printables and coupons for free items. Free item coupons have to be a value of $5 or less**.
- B1G1 items will ring up half price, you do not have to buy two of each item to get the B1G1 price.
- You may use a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on each item in a B1G1 (this is where you start saving BIG)
- You may get a raincheck for any sale item at customer service (no expiration).
- The Publix Penny Item only happens on Thursdays and there is a coupon in the Thursday paper telling you what that item is. Some stores will give you the item for a penny without the coupon, others will not. Call your store to check their policy**. Regardless, you will need $10 in groceries, before coupons, to get the item for a penny.
- Advantage Buy Flyers can be found either at customer service or in the turnstyle in the lobby area of your store. They are either green or yellow and they usually stick around for 3-4 weeks. My Publix also puts tearpads and other random coupons in the turnstyle.
If you are in FL or coastal Georgia, your policies vary from these. Your Publix does not double and you have true BOGOs. You have to buy 2 of the same item for the BOGO price. Your Publix also does not participate in the Penny Item promotion.